Herbal and Herbs in Personal Care: Aloe Vera, Mints and Citronella

7:01 PM


By using herbals to the fullest, I lessen dependence on consumer products and chemicals. And you can too!


Aloe Vera





Aloe Vera Hair Wash

Procedure:  Cut open the Aloe Vera leaf, scrape the gel then cut into small pieces.  Mix ½ tsp. of cane vinegar with water. Cane vinegar preserves and brings out the fragrance of Aloe Vera.  Put inside a clean recycled bottle.  (I use liquid dish-washing soap bottle.)
For the final rinse, I just put a little drop in a small dipper (tabo), add water and pour.  My curly hair becomes manageable and shiny. It also leaves skin smoother.

Aloe Vera Alcohol

Procedure: Cut up the Aloe Vera leaf, scrape the gel then into small pieces.  Mix Aloe Vera gel with alcohol.  Put inside a clean recycled bottle.  I use liquid dish-washing soap bottle. The alcohol turns yellow.

Since I always use alcohol, I noticed that with Aloe Vera, my hands feel smoother.  Also, the cracks at my fingertips easily heal.

Aloe Vera Sanitizer

Procedure:  Cut open the Aloe Vera leaf, scrape the gel then cut into small pieces.  Mix with alcohol.  Put inside a clean recycled bottle.  I used my old sanitizer bottle.  Add homemade Breath Citro-Mint Oil (below) for fragrance and mint coolness.

Optional:  Add some water as in commercial sanitizers. 


Get your Aloe Vera at Php60-100/seedling bag

Visit us at https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more info. :)


Mints


Java Mint

Breath of Mint Oil

This is my homemade oil from combination of fresh and dried Peppermint and Java Mint (Spearmint).

Procedure:   

1. Heat  10 tbsp. of unused coconut oil or vegetable oil.
2. Turn off the fire when there is steam.  
3. Place a handful of Peppermint and Java Mint including the dried leaves and stem. Cool then drain into a clean glass container.  I recycle a small glass bottle used for vitamins as container.
When I apply this oil behind my ears, my neck or even on my head, I feel the mint every time I breathe.  It works for headache, colds, cough and body pains.


Get your Peppermint at Php60-80/seedling bag

Visit us at https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more info. :)


Citronella




Breath of Citro-Mint Oil

Citronella gives not only fragrance, it is also good for headache, cough, colds, body pains and even for depression.

Procedure:  

1. Heat 10 tbsp. of unused coconut or vegetable oil.
2. Turn off the fire when there is steam.  
3. Place a handful of cut leaves of Citronella and a handful of Peppermint and Java Mint. Cover and cool.
4. Drain into a glass bottle.  I recycle a small glass bottle for vitamins as container. Make sure the oil is crystal clear without sediments.


Citro-Mint Deodorant  

I have been using Tawas in pulverized form but it keeps falling off,  so I placed petroleum jelly which is good for the skin.  As gardeners, my husband and I sweat a lot, and this preparation works wonders.

Procedure:  

1. Add a few drops of home-made Breath of Citro-mint Oil to Tawas. It will make the deodorant cool and fragrant.  
3. Put in a clean hollow container.  I recycle beauty cream container.

Optional:  Add cornstarch.

Trivia: Tawas or Alum is also used to heal mouth lesions/canker sores (singaw) and also for laundry during rainy days.


Get your Citronella at Php100-150/seedling bag


Visit us at https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more info. :)

Sources:

Healing Power of Water by Dr. Savitri Ramaiah c 2009. Sterling Publishers Pvt,Ltd, New Delhi
Healthy Healing An Alternative Healing Reference by Linda Rector-Page c 1992 by Linda Rector Page Published by Healthy Healing Publication 9th Edition
Herbal Plants and Remedies Philippine Copyright 2004 by Amos Books, Inc. 2007 Edition
The Juiceman’s Power of Juicing by Jay Kordick c 1992 by Jay Kordich
Encyclopedia Britannica 15th Edition

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cured from herpes

    result is 100% guarantee.

    R.buckler11 ((@ gmail. com ))……

    Wisconsin, United States  .....................

    ReplyDelete