Citronella For Mosquitoes: DIY Repellant and Massage & Lamp Oil

7:43 PM



I used Citronella leaves just to add fragrance to my first experiment, the Breath of Mint Oil (Peppermint and Java Mint).  Then, I realized Citronella also have healing properties and gave a stronger effect. Both Citronella and Mints are very helpful in relieving headaches, colds, cough, body aches and pains.  (Find procedure for Breath of Citro-mint Oil at Herbal and Herbs in Personal Care: Aloe Vera, Mints & Citronella).

I apply Breath of Citro-Mint Oil also before taking a bath.  The mint scent is retained even after taking a bath.  When I feel my skin pores open at my back, which makes me more susceptible to catching a cold, I am relieved once I apply this oil.

Lamp Oil



After some time, I thought of using it in as lamp oil. Citronella’s lemony and minty aroma spread all over the house especially after the candle's flame was put out.  With this, we also have Citro-Mint Lamp Oil and personally-made aromatherapy! Water can also be added to the oil. 


Fragrance and Mosquito Spray

On its own, Citronella leaves can just be left as is and it will exude its pleasant smell.  Also, it can be boiled and put in a sprayer to give fragrance and drive away mosquito and garden pests.  Even the boiled leaves retain its smell.

Get your Citronella at Php100-150/seedling bag
Visit us at https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more info. :)

Mosquito Repellant

Same Breath of Citro-Mint Oil can also serve as mosquito repellant and fragrance.  The requirement to be called a repellant is to have citronella plus one or more herbs mixed with it.  Here, we have Peppermint and Java Spearmint. You can try others herbs and  be creative!

Deodorant

Preparing homemade deodorant is simply mixing tawas (Alum) with Petroleum Jelly.  To give fragrance, I add a few drops of Breath of Citro-Mint Oil. (Find procedure for Breath of Citro-mint Oil at Herbal and Herbs in Personal Care: Aloe Vera, Mints & Citronella).

Get your Citronella at Php100-150/seedling bag
Visit us at https://herbalandherbs.wordpress.com/ for more info. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments